All registered students -- undergraduate, graduate, non-degree, consortium, and exchange -- are eligible to receive GWorld Cards.
If you are a student and a staff member, you must maintain a staff card. If you are a student and a MFA or UHS employee, you must maintain a student card.
You must be registered for at least one course and present a valid U.S. government issued photo ID.
Getting Your Card
The timing for when you get your card is based on the type of student you are:
- New undergraduates: At New Student Orientation
- Other new students: One month before your classes begin
- Returning students: Anytime during the semester as long as you are registered for classes
Your first card is free and a $25.00 fee will be charged to replace your lost or stolen card.
Your card will provide you access to GW Libraries, your residence hall if you live on campus and the Lerner Health & Wellness Center.
Your GWorld card will serve as your payment around campus and can include:
- Colonial Cash that can be used for convenient purchasing and discounts
- Dining Cash meal plans for undergraduate students who live in residence halls
Where To Get Your Card
Visit one of our office locations during business hours to get your card.
Visit our office to renew an expired card or replace your current card.
Where to Use your Card
Make a one-time credit card deposit now.
Log in to make a deposit, check your balance and review your transactions.