GW Swipes Out Hunger
Donate Meals with Swipe Out Hunger
GWorld and GW Dining are partnered with Swipe Out Hunger to enable donations from GWorld funds to support GW students facing food insecurity. To make a donation, simply go to the GET app and select the Meal Donation option. Students and employees can donate funds from either Colonial Cash or Dining Dollars. Donations are voluntary, not tax deductible, and can be made in any dollar increment. All donations will be split 50/50 between The Store (GW food pantry) and the Abraham Family Fund (providing emergency GWorld funds for students in need).
Note, the donation option is only available in the GET app, not in the web version of GET.
How to Donate
Donations by any member of the GW community with an active GWorld card balance can be made through the GET Mobile app. If you are not already using the GET mobile app to manage your GWorld Dining Dollars or Colonial Cash, download the app on Apple or Android.
Once GET Mobile is downloaded on your mobile device:
- Select George Washington University as your institution, enter your username (ie: your GW email), create a password and a custom 4 digit pin that will be used within the app.
- Open the App.
- Click on the Accounts button on the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the Meal Donations button on the top of the next screen.
- Next choose the account (ie: Dining Dollars or Colonial Cash ) and amount to donate.
A few considerations to keep in mind:
- Both Dining Dollars and Colonial Cash roll over from semester to semester and year to year as long as a student continues to be enrolled. Remaining card balances are not refunded at the end of each semester. Nor can a balance be used as payment on your tuition bill.
- Graduating students and students departing the university through a transfer or other means, generally have access to GWorld funds through the summer and lose access on September 1.
- Recent graduates can purchase an Alumni card in the GWorld Office and transfer any unused Dining Dollars and/or Colonial Cash balances to their new Alumni card. Funds in an alumni GWorld account do not expire unless the account remains inactive (no deposits or charges) for a 36 consecutive month period.
- Colonial Cash loaded onto a GWorld account by GW faculty and staff does not expire and rolls over month-to-month as long as the individual remains employed. Refunds are not available if an employee separates from the university.
- For additional ways to spend down your GWorld account balance click here.